12 CORE VALUES FOR ETHICAL EDUCATION
- Ethics is my way.
- Every person is important and unique.
- Every person deserves to be treated fairly and kindly.
- I can learn from everyone.
- I am part of this earth; I cherish it and all the life upon it.
- I learn from the world around me by using my senses, mind, and feelings.
- I am a member of the world community which depends on the cooperation of all people for peace and justice.
- I can learn from the past to build for the future.
- I am free to question.
- I am free to choose what I believe.
- I accept responsibility for my choices and actions.
- I strive to live my values.
The 12 Core Values were developed as simpler expressions of Eight Commitments of Ethical Culture (ratified by the
National Leaders Council) and of the Mission Statement of the Ethical Society of St. Louis, by the Ethical
Education Committee of the Ethical Society of St. Louis, in 1989,
- and -
adopted ( & slightly adapted) by Ethical Society Mid Rivers at its inception in 2003.